International Investment Fund
£45K - £55K depending on previous experience
VWA is recruiting for a highly entrepreneurial, successful and reputable investment fund; based in Mayfair, this is a firm with global reach and a strong presence. Our client is now seeking to add to the London-based Research team, to take on a highly stimulating Researcher opportunity.
Kindly note that this opportunity is not a fast-track to an Investment Professional role.
The Researcher Role:
This Researcher position will sit under the Global Head of Research, and offer much interaction internally and with contacts externally in London and global locations. The research-focused tasks will be broad and include:
- Receiving a multitude of different research tasks in relation to market areas, politics and geographical locations
- Juggling concurrent research projects with the ability to prioritise and work to sometimes tight deadlines
- Internal communications with stakeholders across different business areas
- External communications with consultants, experts, research providers and managing these relationships
- Other duties as required.
- Applicants will ideally be of degree-calibre from a top university
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills when handling data
- Curiosity and adaptability to take on breadth of research tasks
- Relationship management skills
- Resilience and creativity
- Managing workload effectively during periods of intensity
- A keen interest and demonstrable understanding of financial markets
- Additional European languages - ideal not essential
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious company and work within a friendly, high-achieving and supportive group of individuals. The role could suit someone with several years' experience in business consulting research, financial journalism, or another financial services company.
- Core hours for the role are 9am - 6pm and will require some flexibility to work beyond these hours as and when required
- Salary will be based on experience up to £55K plus a discretionary bonus and excellent company benefits
- Hybrid working (Tuesdays and Wednesdays required to be office-based)
If you have some existing research experience and want to work with a close-knit team where you can add value from day one, please apply today!