Position: Payroll and Benefits Officer
Salary: circa £40K depending on experience
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated, organised and adaptable Payroll and Benefits Officer to join a City based Financial Services firm.
As part of a friendly and service orientated HR Team, this is a busy role that will give interaction across the business as well as external providers. There will also be the opportunity to become involved in project work relating to rewards and benefits. The Payroll and Benefits Officer will fulfil a range of responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the processing of all payrolls; entering all monthly changes into Excel sheets ready to submit to external providers, liaising with providers to ensure all changes are captured and processed correctly and that reports are second checked and signed off
- Respond to queries from staff regarding their payslips
- Complete month end accounts information and reconciliations with finance
- Support in completing the PAYE Settlement Agreements
- Reviewing P60's at year end before they are issued to staff
- Improvement of all Payroll procedures
- Providing guidance, information and responding to questions from staff on benefits in an efficient and helpful manner
- Complete pension auto enrolment process and reconciliations and act as relationship manager with the pension provider
- Process all private medical insurance changes e.g. opt-ins, opt-outs and dependent changes
- Ensuring all benefit client portals are updated to reflect any changes
- Process season ticket loans
- Updating all relevant systems and payroll data following renewals
- Support the HR team throughout the year end compensation process
- Update the HR system with all changes following the compensation round
The ideal candidate must have prior experience of working in a payroll and benefits role and be able to work in an organised, detailed, focused, yet flexible way. Additionally an excellent attention to detail, strong numerical skills, advanced Excel skills and good relationship and communication skills is essential for the role.
Salary is paying circa £40K depending on experience and the position comes with excellent benefits.
VWA acts as an Employment Agency for this position.