PA / House Manager
FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME
c.£30-35K depending on hours worked, and prior experience
North West London
A live-in position (self-contained flat provided) based in the client's home this role will involve supporting our client with a range of activities related to her personal and professional life (involvement in theatre and music administration) and the smooth running of the couple's London home. Could suit a couple, with the second person following own occupation.
There is considerable variety and opportunity to make this a full-time (35-37 hours a week) or part-time role (20-25 hours a week) depending on skills and flexibility.
Prepared to be resident when family is away. And occasional cat-sitting at weekends by arrangement.
Given the varied nature of the role initiative and imagination are important, as are considerable flexibility, discretion and a positive, personable and independent nature. Candidate will be willing to pick up the loose ends of a number of varied projects and be good at time management and helping create order in a wide range of activities.
- Elements of household administration
- Liaison with gardener, cleaner and builders as needed
- Regular grocery shopping and household errands
- Perhaps occasional meal preparation
- Internet ordering
- Helping set up and organise work-related meetings
- Occasional involvement with event management
- Capable driver willing to drop client at meetings, take cats to vet etc.
- Liaison with family office staff - maintaining address lists etc
- Liaison with other family members
- Computer literate and able to trouble shoot simple technical issues
- Knowledge of London and interest in performing arts helpful
- Self-starter who has interests/plans for home study or similar/capable of filling days when employer away
- Able to work on own initiative
- Genuinely like cats
Self-contained flat - separate entrance, double bedroom, bathroom, large studio sitting room/kitchen. Patio.
Car provided. Private health insurance. Pension scheme.
This is a permanent position and salary offered will be based on experience: up to £35K if full-time hours, and pro-rata if worked on a part-time basis.
For this position VWA acts as an Employment Agency.
VWA specialises in the recruitment of London's most elite and qualified PAs, EAs, graduates and office support staff. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive as a boutique, we're unable to provide individual feedback on all applications.