Media Relations Manager
Fixed Term Contract until 31st March 2022 (potential for contract extension)
Up to £45K FTE
City of London / Work from Home
Our client, a leading figure within the transportation industry, is seeking a confident, proactive and detail-oriented individual to join their team as a Media Relations Manager.
Supporting the Communications team in liaising and engaging with journalists and the media, the role will involve (but is not limited to):
- Managing the effective and timely release of statements to the media
- Manage, optimise and development news management
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues, the media and stakeholders
- Advise and prepare spokespeople for broadcast interviews and carry out corporate-wide horizon scanning to identify and respond to threats and opportunities
- Develop and implement effective communications plans and campaigns
- Ad-hoc work within communications team including drafting articles, writing for the website and contributing to direct communications with stakeholders.
This role will also require the incumbent to take their part in the team's on-call rota to handle out-of-hours queries and bids from the media.
The ideal candidate for this position will be team-oriented, ambitious and work well under pressure. Additionally, the successful candidate will ideally have previous experience in a strategic communications position and have some previous exposure to PR and social media within a communications role. A background in transport, infrastructure or utilities would be advantageous, but is not essential.
Salary for this position is up to £45K depending on experience and the role comes with additional benefits including subsidised travel and season ticket discounts as well as subsidised private healthcare, employee wellbeing initiatives and 26 days holiday + bank holidays. Hours are 9am - 5pm with a hybrid working arrangement of 2-3 days of home-working.
This FTC is initially until 31st March 2022, with potential to be extended beyond this date.
Victoria Wall Associates acts as an Employment Agency for this Media Relations Manager role.
VWA specialises in the recruitment of London's most elite and qualiﬁed business support staff such as PAs and EAs, office management and operations, graduates, HR, creative and marketing professionals. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive as a boutique, we're unable to provide individual feedback on all applications.