Salary up to c. £115K (UK) depending on experience
We are recruiting an experience Investment Advisor to work for the Chairman of a multi-national company, with interests and divisions across a range of industries.
Our client is seeking someone with previous experience in a similar role for at least 8-10 years' experience, within investment management and/or financial advisory services. You will demonstrate the ability to support client relationships and grow portfolios.
This Investment Advisor will support the execution of investment objectives, through performance and portfolio monitoring, reviewing asset holdings and investment performances and develop models when reviewing asset allocations. You will also suggest investment ideas according to long/short-term needs while also overseeing investment due diligence, preparing statements and performance reports.
Further duties for this Investment Advisor include:
- Research and Performance Reporting
- Reviewing market and sector intelligence and research from a wide range of investment banks on a daily basis, and flag key intelligence for distribution to the Chairman and other members of the team.
- Producing a daily report, which captures the key developments within the market, impact on the portfolio and opportunities for investment, as well as performance reports on a daily basis to be shared with the Chairman.
- Producing a bi-weekly report on the portfolio, asset allocation and opportunities.
- Trading and Investments
- Providing actionable trade and investment ideas based on sound market analysis.
- Sound knowledge of the technology sector and sub-sectors such as artificial intelligence, biotechnology, accelerators, cyber security, fintech, etc., are a plus.
- Tracking data and project future performances of stocks, bonds, and funds.
- Execute purchases and sales of investment products in a timely and efficient manner as authorized by the Chairman.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with investment banks as required.
- Negotiate fees and review payment schedules for accuracy across all trading relationships.
- Private Markets
- Identify private market opportunities with high potential for commercialization, with a focus on the field of technology, and sub-sectors such as artificial intelligence and Internet of Things, cybersecurity and cloud.
- Provide thorough financial, legal, commercial, and administrative support towards private market portfolio companies with the objective of supporting their exponential growth.
Requirements for the Investment Advisor position:
- Graduate-calibre, preferably with a degree in either Economics or Finance.
- Fluent English (Arabic would be advantageous but not required) and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills - experience in financial modelling and spreadsheet work.
- Software skills - Microsoft Office suite, financial planning software etc.
- Strong understanding of the technology sector including emerging trends, key players, success factors etc.
- Keen knowledge of disruptive companies in the sector.
- Able to work under pressure and meet an array of deadlines.
- CFP, MBA, JD, CPA or other professional qualifications desirable.
- Strong knowledge of the Middle East and European markets preferred.
The location for this Investment Advisor will be London however the successful candidate will work across teams in global locations. Salary offered will be based on relevant experience, up to c.£115K.
For this Investment Advisory role, VWA acts as Employment Agency.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive as a boutique, we're unable to provide individual feedback on all applications.