South West London
Up to c. £37K
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and resilient individual with a background in governance within the Education sector. The Governance Officer is responsible for the efficient running of the governance strategy across this educational trust, and will work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders and decision makers.
The Governance Officer position is a key person in ensuring the Trust retains the highest levels of corporate governance standards, aligned with government policy and codes of practice. Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Acting as key conduit between Executive Team and wider organization
- Act as point of contact for CEO, Directors and other stakeholders within public bodies and organizations
- Provide professional advice and support on all governance matter, and implement improvements
- Responsible for management of non-executive Board
- Ensure the Trust remains compliant
- Provide secretariat support toe key governance committees
- Clerking the Board of Trustees and its sub-committees
- Provide school governance support
- Additional tasks as required.
Essential to the role of Governance Officer will be a strong career history in corporate governance from the Education sector. Applicants should have relevant history pertaining to the role content listed above including an understanding of policy. Preferably candidates will have worked as a committee secretary and have good people management skills.
The successful candidate will have regular contact with a range of individuals and therefore excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt to different personalities and needs will be essential.
Salary for this Governance Officer role will be c. £37K depending on relevant experience, plus additional benefits.
VWA acts as Employment Agency for this Governance Officer role.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive as a boutique, we're unable to provide individual feedback on all applications.