City of London
Up to £40K
A well-established and successful commercial real estate firm has established a brand new conference centre based in the heart of the City. The centre is due to launch at the end of Summer 2023 and they are looking to hire a Conference Manager as soon as possible.
This Conference Manager position will involve being the face of the new centre and managing all day-to-day operations while managing a small team. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Sales and Marketing
- Assisting with developing strategy for driving revenue from customers
- Responding to sales enquiries
- Negotiate and chase leads to ensure bookings
- Work closely with partners and brokers
- Supervise and manage the Conference Coordinator to plan and coordinate all meeting activities, and additional management to Facilities Technician.
- Ensure smooth execution of conferences, functions and events
- Manage external suppliers such as catering
- Proposing new ideas
- Managing budgets and control costs
- Monitor and analyse financial performance key points.
- Previous experience of managing conferences or large-scale corporate events, eg within conference centres or hotels
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Strong proven leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective communicator and able to communicate across varying levels of seniority, both written and verbal.
- Salary up to £40K depending on experience and the role comes with excellent additional benefits including private healthcare after 6 months, discretionary bonus, 25 days of annual increasing by 1 day each year up to 30 days plus birthday day off and funded support for relevant qualifications / training.
- Working hours are subject to conferences (Mon-Fri only) and the business offer TOIL (Time off in lieu) for any early / late start conferences.
- Due to the nature of the role this role is fully office-based.