Administrative Assistant - Underwriting Team
City of London
£27K - £32K depending on experience
VWA is newly recruiting for a boutique insurance company based in the heart of the City - as Administrative Assistant and working in a small team, the company will be adopting a hybrid model of working in the office moving forward.
Applicants must be immediately available, or on notice up to a maximum of 2 weeks'.
The Administrative Assistant will be handling all administrative work of Facultative Reinsurance business from a global client base. Responsibilities for the role include:
- Enter Aggregation information into Impact Eclipse system.
- Enter facultative slips onto the Eclipse system, (new policies & endorsements).
- Maintenance and creation of underwriting files (electronic as well as paper based).
- Report Production (MIS) for Internal and External Use.
- Assisting the underwriting team in pursuing the outstanding premiums, recoveries from brokers, stakeholders etc.
- Other duties as required.
Our client is seeking an Administrative Assistant who is highly motivated and prepared to take on a role with growth opportunities, taken on further administrative tasks.
- Prior experience on the London, Insurance market - preferably, general property and/or reinsurance.
- Understanding of London Market Slip format.
- High level of numeracy.
- Excel skills - VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, IF functions etc.
- Strong communication and rapport-building skills.
- Work well as part of a small team and show flexibility within your role.
- Ability to deal with pressure.
Ideally, this Administrative Assistant will have experience using Sequel Eclipse / Sequel Impact and have previously liaised with brokers on additional information requests for underwriters.
For this Administrative Assistant, salary will be up to a maximum of £32K depending on relevant experience to date.
VWA acts as Employment Agency for this Administrative Assistant position.
VWA specialises in the recruitment of London's most elite and qualiﬁed business support staff such as PAs and EAs, office management and operations, graduates, HR, creative and marketing professionals. Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive as a boutique, we're unable to provide individual feedback on all applications.