‹ Back to search results
Research / Desk Assistant
£50K - £60K / Year
Position: Research / Desk Assistant
Salary: Up to £60K depending on experience PLUS excellent benefits
Location: West End, Mayfair
Our client a Mayfair based growing alternative investment firm is seeking an experienced and proactive individual with previous research/trading desk support experience to hit the ground running and support a small team of Investment Professionals.
Operating in an incredibly fast paced and demanding environment responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Complete gatekeeping, providing telephone coverage and internal and external client handling
- Updating information, generally, into Excel with information from Bloomberg, company websites and internal databases
- Proactive diary management for the team, scheduling of meetings including conference call set up
- Arranging domestic and international travel, including flights, hotel, ground transport and logistics and preparing travel itineraries
- Light investor relation duties including scheduling meetings, forwarding and updating marketing materials and managing the CRM database
- Expense management
- Document preparation
- Compiling information and reporting
- PA support to the company Principle as needed
- General ad hoc administration and office management.
Previous experience supporting in a trading and fast paced financial services environment is essential for this role as strong technical working knowledge of Bloomberg, Excel and MS Outlook. Previous CRM experience and light investor relations support is also a plus.
In addition to the above our brief is to select candidates who are highly proactive and resilient in nature and who can offer strong attention to details and deliver to high standards. Furthermore excellent communication and team working skills are needed with the ability to build effective professional relationships both internally and externally.
Please note the core hours for this role are 8.00am - 6.00pm with exception of earnings season when the start time is 7.00am.
The salary for this position is competitive paying up to £60K dependent on experience and comes with excellent benefits.
VWA Search Acts as an Employment Agency.